by Rebecca Livermore
But whoever listens to me will dwell safely, and will be secure, without fear of evil (Proverbs 1:33).
In this day and age, the fear of evil is very common. We've all been effected by the news of 9/11, school shootings, and crime and violence in our neighborhoods. Yet Scripture tells us that if we listen to God, we will dwell safely, be secure, and not fear evil. Your journal is a great place to interract with the truth found in Proverbs 1:33.
Use your journal to explore the following:
- How do you listen to God? Do you find it easy to hear Him, or difficult?
- How can you use your journal and your Bible together to assist you in hearing Him?
- What does it mean to dwell safely? Is this a guarantee that no harm will ever befall you?
- How might God’s perspective differ from man’s perspective on this issue? Does the thought of that comfort you or make you uncomfortable? What does your response to this question reveal about your level of trust in God?
- Write about a time in your life when listening to God protected you from harm.
"Refreshment in Refuge" from
Wonder Woman shines as Domestic DivaRead Article »
Receive the newest devotional each week in your inbox by joining the "Relevant Reflections" subscription list. Enter your email address below, click "Go!" and we will send you a confirmation email. Follow the instructions in the email to confirm your addition to this list.